Monday, July 21, 2008

Surviving Overwhelm

Possibly one of the more downplayed symptom of hyperthyroidism would be the sense of overwhelm. We tend to focus so much on the physical scares that we forget that the sense of overwhelm is not a reaction, it is also a symptom.

After reconciling the constraints of the symptoms, I decided I will not, I should not be afraid. I will live by the day, blessing myself head to toe, thankful for each day that I am blessed with a functioning body- every detail working. I overlooked the possibility of an emotional pitfall. I was distraught at work and at managing my house responsibilities. (Of course, it didnt seem any different from the usual...lol!) Then I realized, hey! I AM experiencing the anxiety, that sense of confusion and lack of focus! I wasnt being intentionally dispassionate about my work, my life, my kids, my dear husband ! My seratonin was merely malfunctioning from time to time.

Thankfully, these details- I have made it a point, do not and will not define me. Every conscious step I take after each and every pitfall, I will use positively. Needless to express, I am truly sorry for affecting my family, if at all, with my emotional highs and low.

If any at all, I am thankful for this because it made me value my family and my life. It may take from me, but it has also give me MORE. It has given me TIME. It has given me DRIVE. It has given me a renewed sense of VALUE. Svetla, my new hyper friend, was right. At one point, you will 'love' this condition- not because it is lovable, but for the good that it has brought to your life.

At no other time have I felt God's design to be more loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment